How to Make Healthy Christmas Carrot Cake | 2020
Hello everyone, Today iam here to share with you guys some Christmas season celebration’s, Yes when it’s Christmas Cake is complusory right? Ok let’s see How to Make Healthy Christmas Carrot Cake let’s begin…
Carrot is so good to our body so I decided to make carrot cake for this Christmas season days…!
We should enjoy the cake with some health benefits yes? Let’s see the carrot veggies benefits.
There are many reasons why you should go for carrots! Carrots are loaded with many nutrients and put themselves to a wide range of delicious dishes or foods.
Although the vegetable is popularly associated with improving eyesight, their benefits go much beyond our thoughts.
Historical records shown that carrots were cultivated in Persia and Afghanistan country in the 10th century.
However, in those days, this root vegetable had little similarlity to what we eat now and came in various colors, like purple yellow, red, and white.
While it can’t be confirmed, it is said that the Dutch developed the carrots that we eat today is good.
There are different types of carrots with varying sizes, flavors, and tastes.
However, when it comes to health benefits, all varieties of carrots are equally important healthy and full of important nutrients.
If you do not have the time to make our layered Carrot Cake with Whipped Cream and Cheese Frosting, make this equally delicious and easy recipe that uses a standard 13-by-9-inch baking dish.
First step, whisk the dry ingredients together, then the wet ingredients, and then mix them. Fold in a more amount of shredded (cut into small pieces) carrots and bake.
When the cake is cooled enough, spread a thick layer of tangy cream cheese frosting on top of the cake and sprinkle it with some toasted walnuts for a little crunch much taste.
Ingredients : (Christmas carrot cake)
For the cake: (Christmas carrot cake)
- 2 1/2 cups all flour
- 1 1/4 small teaspoons baking powder
- One small teaspoon baking soda
- 1 small teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 small teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground all-spices
- 1/2 salt pinch
- 4 large eggs into bowl
- 1 1/3 cups crushed sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled and grated on the large bowl of a box grater (about 5 cups)
- 1 cup walnut halves (3 ounces)
For the frosting: (Christmas carrot cake)
- Two sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- Two (8-ounce) packages cream cheese (1 pound), at room temperature.
- Two cups powdered sugar, sifted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
Process how to make: (Christmas carrot cake)
For the cake:
- Heat the oven to 350°F and arrange a rack in the middle, if you don’t have oven take pressure cooker and pre-heat them.
- Place the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nuts, all-spice, and salt in a large vessel and whisk to mix together and break up any lumps appeared; set aside.
- Add the eggs, sugars, oil, and yogurt in a large vessel or container and whisk until the eggs are broken up and the mixture is thoroughly combined or mixed.
- Using a rubber spatula tool, fold in the flour mixture until just combined. Mix in the carrots until evenly mixed completely.
- Pour the batter into a 13/9 inch glass baking dish no need to grease with butter, smoothing it into the corners with the rubber spatula and, if you are making in a cooker then take a bowl and grease butter in it and then place to a pre-heat cooker.
- Bake rotating the dish after 20 minutes, take a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center comes out dry with just a few crumbs, about after a 40 to 50 minutes total.
- Transfer to a wire rack or a bowl to cool completely before frosting in it, at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, spread the nuts.
Place the nuts on a baking sheet and bake until lightly browned colour and fragrant (good smell), about 10 mins.
- Transfer the nuts to a cutting board to cool slightly, nicely chop them, and set aside.
For the frosting:
- Place the butter and cream cheese in the vessel of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or if you don’t have stand mixer then take non-electronic mixer (takes long time) and beat on medium-high speed until light, fluffy, and fully incorporated, about 3 mins.
- Stop the mixer or beating and scrape down the sides of the bowl and the paddle with a rubber spatula tool or take flat spoon.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla in it. Turn the mixer to low and mix until the sugar is mixes, about 30 seconds.
- Stop the mixer or beating machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl and the paddle again.
- Turn the mixer to medium-high speed and mix until the frosting is creamy and fluffy stage, about 3 mins.
- Spread all of the frosting ready in an even layer over the cooled cake layer and evenly sprinkle the toasted nuts above the frosting.
- If you do not plan to eat the cake within 4 hours or after some days, cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Before serving, let the cake sit at room temperature for about 45 minutes to take the chill off and ready to serve.
So yes, it’s Christmas time! Let’s make this healthy carrot cake and enjoy your Christmas season well!
Thank you for visiting my blog and stay tuned for more updates soon